City of Oregon License Information
A Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as a TWIC Card, is an identification card that uses smart card technology to link the individual to the credential itself. The card is used by individuals who need unescorted access to secure areas of a port, vessel or facility regulated by the Maritime Transportation Security Act such as working at the docks in downtown Toledo or at Johns Manville in Waterville.
TWIC cards are valid all over the country, regardless of where it is obtained. It is a good idea to get a TWIC card especially if you plan on traveling. Also, members who are not on the book and are already working should consider applying for a TWIC card. It could take up to 6 weeks to obtain your TWIC card.
Applying for a card
- Begin the process by visiting the TSA website at universalenrollment.dhs.gov and fill out the online application. Or, you can call their office at 855-347-8371 and give them the information over the phone. Their hours are 7 am - 10 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Schedule an appointment to complete the process by calling 855-347-8371.
- If your appointment isn’t scheduled for several weeks, you can change it by calling the Reliable Drug Testing Clinic at 419-517-1027. Their office is located at 7610 New West Rd. in Toledo, OH.
- You must bring two (2) forms of ID with you to your appointment; acceptable documents include a driver’s license, birth certificate and a passport.
- The cost to renew your card will be $125.25, payable by credit card only.
Please note: TWIC cards are good for five (5) years.
When renewing your card, you should begin the renewal process
at least thirty (30) days before your card expires.
Visit https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic or call them at (855) 347-8371 for additional information.
Reliable Drug Testing Clinic Hours:
7610 New West Rd. Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Toledo, OH 43617-4201 Thursday: 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The enrollment center is near the end of the street on the right (just before the cul-de-sac), and has three flag poles in front of the entrance.