The Toledo Electrical Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee accepts applications for the Residential Apprenticeship on Mon. - Fri. from 8:30am - 4pm and, on the 1st Monday of every month, until 6pm (however, we ask that you arrive by 5:30pm if you choose this option). You must apply in person at the Toledo Electrical JATC located at 803 Lime City Road, Rossford, OH 43460. Applicants for this particular apprenticeship program must be at least 17 years of age, be a high school graduate (or GED holder) and have successfully completed one (1) credit of algebra.
All minimum requirements (listed below) must be received by the JATC within 60 calendar days of the date of application or the application will become invalid. There is a $20.00 application fee (non-refundable) and can be paid for with a personal check, money order, MasterCard or Visa. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash.
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30, and the equal employment opportunity regulations of the state of Ohio.
1. Copy of Birth Certificate
2. Official high transcript / Official copy of GED certificate and transcripts (must come directly from school, via fax and cover letter or, in the mail;
3. Proof of one credit or more of algebra
Determining factors for an oral interview are a candidate's scholastic achievements and work experience. All qualified candidate's results are statistically recorded and ranked. Qualified applicants will be notified by mail as to their interview date and time.
If you are selected to participate in this apprenticeship program, you will be required to pass a physical and drug test (you will be provided with the name of a specific facility). An applicant cannot be placed to work without this medical release.
1. Length of Program: Four (4) years
2. A minimum of 8000 hours of on-the-job training
3. A minimum of 600 hours of related classroom training
4. We currently have a partnership with Northwest State Community College that will allow apprentices to receive college credits will will go towards acquiring a two-year Associate Degree.